Listed below are some of the requirements for membership that are fully described in RSIG’s Bylaws and Membership Agreement. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact our office.
Membership Requirements, once membership is approved (including but not limited to):
- Records maintained in the members’ business office indicating all assignments received from clients. The monthly report accompanying monthly charges based on repossessed collateral must agree with office records.
- Insurance claims documentation describing the circumstances and current status should be on file for each involved account.
- Monthly reports must be available for current and six (6) prior months for review.
- Evidence of instructions to the member’s field adjusters on acceptable techniques for completing a repossession, debtor confrontation procedures, understanding legal requirements, and effective communication with clients.
- Membership dues must be paid annually by JULY 31st or when accepted as new or re-admitted member. Policy regarding late payment of membership dues is outlined in the Membership Agreement and Bylaws.
- Members and/or their office managers are required to attend the RSIG Annual Safety seminar within one year of becoming a member. Thereafter seminar attendance is required at least once every two years. In addition, if there is an RSIG hosted State Specific Case Law Course in your area, your office must be represented. (CARS Certification or other certifications do not apply. Please contact our office for a course list to see if you will be required to attend.)
- Compliance audits are conducted periodically on a random unannounced basis. Members are required to cooperate to assure examinations are completed in a timely manner.
- Monthly reports are due in Manassas Virginia by the 5th working day of the month. Late payment penalties will be assessed on unpaid reports after that date and may lead to cancellation.
Click here to view our associated fees of membership ….
< Back to The Application Process